Quick Start: Contributed Tutorials
This page provides links/summaries of community contributed tutorials/papers
that may be helpful for learning Tapestry.
The Tapestry JumpStart project provides
a fully functional example application demonstrating some commonly used/needed functionality in
typical Tapestry applications.
- A login screen with basic authentication.
- These pre-built tables and entities: Users, Roles, Codes and CodeGroups.
- Screens to search, create, edit, and delete them.
- All the source.
- The Back button. JumpStart uses a flow synchronizer to handle the re-posting problems
caused by the Back button, Refresh button, and double-clicking on Submit buttons.
- Navigating back. JumpStart implements a callback stack to answer
the question "where did I come from".
- Date handling. JumpStart uses the joda-time classes, and provides validators,
translators, and a date picker for them.
- Localization. JumpStart illustrates Tapestry's localization mechanism in action.
- Client Persistence. JumpStart implements the "client:form" strategy.
- Business and data layer. JumpStart uses EJB3, without the need for value objects/DTOs.