The Tapestry Team is very proud to announce the availability of Apache Tapestry 5.3.2.
Tapestry is primarily available for download via Maven, from the Maven central repository:
You can also download the source or JavaDocs archives.
Tapestry 5.3.2 is the second maintenance release from the stable 5.3 release branch.
Full details are in the release notes, but here's a few highlights:
- Component fields may now be protected or package private
- TextField usable with HTML5 type values (such as "number", "email", etc.)
- Service id 'environment' compatibility with Spring 3.1
- Grid and BeanDisplay automatically ignore static fields
- New translations for Norwegian Bokmål
- Upgraded Tapestry/Spring integration to Spring 3.1.0.RELEASE
As usual for each Tapestry5 release we've made great efforts to ensure an easy upgrade path; but be sure to read the upgrade notes carefully as some interfaces and methods that were deprecated in Tapestry 5.0 or 5.1 have been removed: you should recompile and retest your application after upgrading your dependency. If you still have problems, use the Tapestry user mailing list to get support.