This is the consolidated list of changes between Tapestry included in version 5.3.5. Tapestry 5.3.5 is a drop-in replacement for prior Tapestry 5.3 releases. To upgrade, just update the Maven dependency in you POM file (or download the new JAR file) and the new version will just work. However, please review the How to Upgrade instructions before upgrading.
This is a very modest bug fix release, including a number of minor performance improvements. Importantly, the bundled version of Prototype is now 1.7.1, which includes some significant improvements and bug fixes that target Internet Explorer. However, the prototype change may affect the functionality of the Tapestry DateField component under some versions of Internet Explorer (this issue was discovered late in the voting process).
For those developers not using Maven or Gradle, you'll be pleased that we now offer the option of a binary download containing Tapestry's modules and main dependencies. More details are on the Download page.
- [TAP5-1601] - Sometime a method that references a field with a conduit will not be instrumented, resulting in an NPE accessing the field itself
- [TAP5-1859] - Clicking a submit or button in a non-Tapestry Form causes a client exception
- [TAP5-1868] - SRSCachingInterceptor returns compressed version of asset for all clients once it was compressed for some client
- [TAP5-1907] - Client exception in IE9 when partial page render introduces stylesheets
- [TAP5-1949] - Alerts component does not show alerts added from a component that occurs later in the template
- [TAP5-1973] - :443 added to URLs when using the Link.toAbsoluteURI(true)
- [TAP5-1976] - XML Parser adds attributes with default values and produces invalid HTML5 markup
- [TAP5-1977] - Memory leak (perm gen) in component reloading
- [TAP5-1979] - Changing the implementation of a method after adding method advice does not work; the original implementation remains
- [TAP5-1983] - PerThreadManager does not cleanup on shutdown, can lead to memory leaks when application redeployed
- [TAP5-1991] - YUICompressor should be less verbose about common warnings
- [TAP5-1992] - Switch YUICompressor dependency back to com.yahoo version 2.4.7
- [TAP5-1989] - Upgrade bundled Prototype to version 1.7.1