This is the consolidated list of changes between Tapestry versions 5.3.6 and 5.3.7. Tapestry 5.3.7 is a drop-in replacement for prior Tapestry 5.3 releases. To upgrade, just update the Maven dependency in your POM file (or download the new JAR file) and the new version will just work. However, please review the Release Notes 5.3.7 instructions before upgrading.
This is a bug fix release, mainly focused on three aspects:
- make Tapestry work better under Tomcat
- minimize the possibility of clash for generated ids
- let the BeanEditor be more JSR-303 friendly
Some work has been made on the form component too.
As with any Tapestry upgrade, be sure to change your application's version number.
- [TAP5-1010] - Fix Finnish validation message translation - corrected file attached
- [TAP5-1890] - PlaceholderBlock should implement RenderCommand
- [TAP5-1995] - Tapestry5 Application can not be deployed as Tomcat7 HotDeploy Package
- [TAP5-2015] - Tomcat .war path is not decoded properly
- [TAP5-2025] - Duplicate generated ids
- [TAP5-2041] - Links within subheadings are invisible on Javadoc pages
- [TAP5-2084] - Form should decode its link parameters
- [TAP5-2101] - BeanEditor should always provide a new BeanValidationContext (JSR-303)
- [TAP5-672] - Translation for Vietnamese
- [TAP5-2013] - "Parameters" table often too wide in component javadocs
- [TAP5-2063] - Add support for multivalued parameters in Link
- [TAP5-2067] - Error loading classes with Tomcat 7 parallel deployment
- [TAP5-2102] - Allow supplying EntityManager properties via TapestryPersistenceUnitInfo
New Features Added
- [TAP5-2055] - Polish translations