Tapestry 5.3.8 is a drop-in replacement for prior Tapestry 5.3 releases. To upgrade, just update the dependency in your build configuration (Maven POM, Gradle build script, etc.) – or Download the new JAR file -- and the new version will just work. However, please review the How to Upgrade instructions before upgrading.
This is a bug fix release, mainly meant to address compatibility with Java 8. The ASM library is updated to a Java 8 compatible version (5.0), however, if you wish to run this release on JRE 8, you still need to manually specify a Java 8 compatible version of javassist (such as 3.18.2-GA). With Maven you'd include:
Javassist has changed their group coordinates (from javassist to org.javassist), which further complicates the situation. You'll also have to manually exclude javassist:javassist dependency (if your dependencies are resolved automatically). With Maven, you'd add:
As with any Tapestry upgrade, be sure to change your application's version number.
- [TAP5-311] - NPE in BeanDisplay if used in a form with a default model
- [TAP5-983] - CLONE -NPE in BeanDisplay if used in a form with a default model
- [TAP5-1865] - Chinese valication message issue
- [TAP5-2270] - BeanDisplay exception when used inside a Form
- [TAP5-2298] - "Any" component lacks any useful documentation
- [TAP5-2321] - Tapestry 5.3.7 does not run with Java 8
- [TAP5-2295] - Vulnerability in Tapestry-upload module due to commons-file-upload
- [TAP5-1718] - Tapestry-beanvalidator isn't validating nested DTO objects / Doesn't mark the invalid fields in the UI
- [TAP5-2157] - Czech translations
New Features added
- [TAP5-2305] - Create a @Sortable annotation for properties